Collaboration. This is category six of the guidelines (PDF) that were revised in January of 2012.
Category 6: Collaboration
Collaboration in an information literacy program among disciplinary faculty, librarians, other instructors (e.g., teaching assistants), administrators, and other program staff:
- Fosters communication among disciplinary faculty, librarians, other instructors (e.g., teaching assistants), administrators, and other staff within the institution.
- Focuses on enhancing student learning and skill development for lifelong learning.
- Communicates effectively with faculty, librarians, other instructors, administrators, and additional staff members to gain support for the program within the academic community.
- Aligns information literacy with disciplinary content.
- Works within the context of the course content, and other learning experiences, to achieve information literacy outcomes.
- Takes place at different stages: planning, delivery, assessment of student learning, and evaluation and refinement of the program.