“Everything You Always Wanted to Know about ILL” workshop at ALA Midwinter in San Diego.
DATE: Friday, January 7, 2011
TIME: Check-in & light refreshments begin at 8:30 am; workshop runs from 9 am to 12:30 pm.
WHERE: San Diego Public Library (see details below)
COST: No charge; Workshop attendees do not need to be registered for the ALA Midwinter conference and do not need to be ALA members.
AUDIENCE: Resource sharing and ILL staff and librarians at all levels are welcome. The workshop is offered free of charge to encourage staff to attend who may not receive regular funding from their libraries for professional development activities.
This system-neutral workshop will cover best practices in resource sharing, address ways you can best serve your users, and provide an excellent overview of the resources and support available to ILL practitioners. Whether you’re new to resource sharing or have been providing services for years, this workshop will help you to reconsider your approaches, make decisions about user services, define best practices, and introduce you to ways you can best contribute to the resource sharing community while reflecting your own library’s mission.
- Megan Gaffney (borrowing)
- Karen Janke (lending)
- Cindy Kristof (copyright)
- Collette Mak (standards and resources)
THANKS TO OUR SPONSORS:
- Relais International
- San Diego Public Library
- For more details and to register, visit http://www.lyrasis.org/Classes-and-Events/RUSA%20Stars%20Midwinter.aspx.
- Disregard the language on the registration form about method of payment and other charges. There is no charge for the workshop and neither you nor your library will be billed.
- On the registration form, enter the following information about the event:
- Class Name: RUSA STARS ILL Workshop
- Class Date: 1/7/2011
- To Be Held At: San Diego Public Library
- Class Fee: $0
- Promo Code: N/A
- San Diego Public Library, Central Location Auditorium, 3rd floor (downtown San Diego)
- 820 E St., San Diego, CA 92101-6416
- (619) 236-5800 [for questions in advance]
A reminder will be sent to registrants as the workshop date approaches. However, the following information should assist you in getting to the venue.
- View a Map to the Central Library. The convention center is along Harbor Drive to the southwest of the Central Library.
- Parking: http://www.sandiego.gov/public-library/pdf/sdplcentralparkingmap05.pdf
- San Diego Trolley: Get off at the Fifth Avenue station on the orange line; walk approximately 3 blocks east on C Street, then 3 blocks south on E Street (see the library in the Q3 section on this downtown inset map or use the Trolley’s Trip Planner tool). As of September 2010, the Trolley costs $5 for an all-day pass.
- San Diego Trolley from Convention Center area: Take orange line from in front of convention center in direction of Gillespie Field; get off at the Fifth Avenue station on the; walk approximately 3 blocks east on C Street, then 3 blocks south on E Street (see the library in the Q3 section on this downtown inset map).
- Accessing the library: Because the library doesn’t open until 9:30 am, please enter the building through the loading dock door on the 8th Avenue side of the building, then make your way to the 3rd floor auditorium.