Call for Presentations: Collaborate Like You Mean It! Due date: February 12, 2010
The Colorado Academic Library Consortium Summit planning committee seeks proposals for presentation and poster sessions for the fourth CALC Summit. The Summit will be held at the Sheraton Denver West Hotel (6th Ave & Union) on May 20-21, 2010.
We’ve all heard that collaboration is important, but how can academic libraries forge lasting, effective partnerships both within and outside their institutions? What makes some partnerships succeed, and others fail? Come share your successes, failures, research, and innovative ideas related to academic library collaboration. We’re particularly interested in proposals that address:
* Collaboration to expand library services or improve student success
* Collaboration to develop Web 2.0 applications
* Strategies for building and maintaining partnerships
* Inter-institutional collaboration
* Institutional barriers to collaborative efforts, and how to overcome them
* Assessing the success of collaborative efforts
* Collaboration with non-library partners
1. Concurrent Presentations:
A speaker or team of speakers presents for 45 or 75 minutes, with a 15-minute Q&A session after the presentation. Presentations that involve discussion, audience participation, or activities are strongly encouraged.
2. Poster Sessions:
A graphical presentation (paper or digital) of research results, case studies, projects, or ideas. Poster presenters will discuss their work with attendees during the poster session time slot (likely to be 1 hour long.)
Details: Presentation and poster proposals will be reviewed and competitively selected by a committee of academic librarians.
* Names and full contact information of presenter(s)
* Title of presentation or digital poster session
* Abstract and brief outline (200 words max)
* Desired presentation length (45 or 75 minutes) or poster session
Submit proposals using this online form: http://www.calcweb.org/
Proposals are due by February 12, 2010. You’ll be notified about the status of your proposal by March 12, 2010.
Sponsored by: CALC – Colorado Academic Library Consortium CLiC – Colorado Library Consortium CoALA – Association of Colorado Libraries – Academic Division